HSAP members provide valuable services organizations throughout our island community. We share our knowledge and strive to improve and practice our skills in parliamentary procedure monthly in our local units.
A local unit is the basic organization of HSAP & NAP. There are currently 3 local units in Hawai‘i, located on the island of O‘ahu and we have nearly 100 members statewide. Most of these local units throughout the country welcome guests and have "provisional" members who have not taken the NAP membership test and do not belong to HSAP or NAP.
If you would like to increase your knowledge and improve your own meeting skills & confidence in parliamentary procedure, visit our education page and come to a local unit meeting and meet some of our members! We are glad to see new faces and are open to all who wish to come.
If your situation is more critical, and you know you need some professional help, we have Professional Registered Parliamentarians (PRP) and Registered Parliamentarians (RP) available to provide that service.
Our Professonal Parliamentarians offer many unique meeting and convention services:
- Parliamentarian at annual meetings of condominiums, unions, corporations, churches or any professional association.
- Consultant for developing, amending and interpreting the bylaws of organizations.
- Professional presiding officer.
- Written professional parliamentary opinions.
- Expert witness on parliamentary procedure.
- Teachers & seminar leaders on topics that concern the planning and conduct of meetings and conventions, committess and boards (where Robert's Rules of Order is the parliamentary authority).
Our current roster of PRPs & RPs